Are you swimmer? How about a triathlete looking for some swim practice or just love to swim … check out this event. Organizers are implementing safety protocols to ensure a successful event and safe environment for all. Fast Track Timing LLC would love to see you at the race. If you are interested in registering check out the race registration page at: http://www.lightboxreg.com/qsc_open_water_swim_festival_2020
Swim in beautiful Lake Quassapaug in Middlebury, CT
60 Foot Deep, Spring Fed, Fresh Water Lake
Point to Point, Straight Line Swims for 3 and 1 ½ Mile Swim Races
1 ½ Mile Race Starts at 8:00 a.m. (Check-In 7:30 a.m.)
½ Mile Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. (Check-In 12:30 p.m.)
- All swimmers must be pre-registered and will be assigned a specific start time.
- All individuals on the Sailing Center grounds are required to wear a face mask except when entering or exiting the water.
- All participants will have their temperature checked during the race day check in process at the Sailing Center, where the swimmers will be provided with their timing chip and swim cap. Any swimmers with an elevated temperature will not be permitted to compete and will be escorted back to their car for immediate departure from the parking field.
- Swimmers will only be permitted to compete in a single swim race and will be expected to depart the Sailing Center and the parking field immediately upon completion of their event.
- Food and drinks will not be provided to the swimmers during the Swim Festival and there will be no award ceremonies or other activities.
- Swimmers will be starting 1 minute apart during each race with each swimmer having a pre-assigned start time. Swimmers will be advised off start times on September 4, 2020.
- The number of competitors are limited to a total of 240 swimmers. Each race will have a maximum of 120 swimmers per race.
- Swimmers must use separate entry and exit points to access the water during the race and all swimmers are required to pack up their belongings and immediately depart the Sailing Center and the parking field upon the completion of their race.
- All swimmers and race volunteers are required to maintain a minimum distance of six (6) feet between themselves and others at all times while in the parking field and while walking to and from their cars to the Sailing Center and while on the grounds of QSC.
- Finish results will be e-mailed to all competitors and posted on the Race Timer’s website.
I-84 West, Exit 17 to Route 64 past Quassy Amusement Park.
After Amusement Park take First Right onto Old Woodbury Rd. and follow signs to QSC
I-84 East, Exit 16 at end of Ramp turn Right onto Route 188 then Left Turn onto Christian Road and then Second Left onto Route 64 to Right Turn onto Old Woodbury Rd and follow signs to QSC