Fast Track Timing is looking forward to the 2018 Triathlon Season! Before we see you … here are some helpful tips on chip attachment and removal in order to maximize your timing experience!
You will be using a state of the art disposable triathlon chip. The chips are a one time use product. This means that you do not have to return it. You use it and either keep it or dispose of it. For individuals your your chip band will have a onetime sticky adhesive that will keep your chip on. For team relays you will receive a Velcro band that can be removed and passed in transition to each member. Here are some important tips…
1. You must apply your chip when dry.
2. Make sure to properly peel off the adhesive sticker.
3. Wrap the chip as tightly as possible around your ankle. Do not put around your calf muscles!
4. Leave chip exposed. Do not put under your wet-suit!
5. We recommend that you use the provided black tape to secure your chip as extra protection.
6. When wrapping tape around your chip band make sure to go all around the chip as pictured. Do not put a small piece of tape across the adhesive section.
7. Taking an extra minute to put on the tape will ensure your chip does not come off under any circumstances!!! No chip means no splits and possibly no finish time.
8. At the conclusion of the race you must remove you chip!
9. If you re-enter transition at any point after your race has concluded and still have you chip on then you risk timing errors on your splits. Please do not bring chips anywhere near the transition or finish after your race has concluded.
1. You should do your initial application when dry.
2. You can pass your chip from team member to team member by unlatching the Velcro strap.
3. All passes must occur in transition.
4. At the conclusion of the your team’s race you must remove you chip!
5. If you re-enter transition at any point after your race has concluded and still have you chip on then you risk timing errors on your splits. Please do not bring chips anywhere near the transition or finish after you finish.
If you have taken all required precautions your chip will stay on. If for some reason your chip does come off and then you can carry it … we recommend that you do so.
Thank you for taking the time to read our important guidelines. We hope that you have a fun and record setting night!
For any additional questions email us at: email@example.com